Commonwealth In The Community
In 2019, Commonwealth National Bank created an Emerging Leaders Advisory Board, which meets monthly, to empower the leaders of tomorrow by exposing them to corporate engagement and leadership development. The Advisory Board includes nine Metro Mobile leaders selected from a long list of candidates representing diverse industries. The Board helps Commonwealth understand the unique needs of Millennials and Generation Z. Commonwealth will look toward the Advisory Board members when opportunities become available to join the Bank in different endeavors.
Commonwealth National Bank has a long history of supporting charitable organizations in the Mobile Metro community. Below is a list of some of the organizations that the Bank has supported:
- Twin Oaks Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center
- Mobile Chapter of the NAACP
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.’s Delta Academy
- Boys & Girls Clubs of South Alabama
- Mobile Police Department
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- New Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church
- Revelation Christian School
- Bethel AME Episcopal Church
- Franklin Primary Health Center, Inc.
- Dearborn YMCA
- 100 Black Men – Mobile Chapter
- Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce Eagle Awards
- Greater Mobile Chapter of the Buffalo Soldiers
- James Major
A recent example is Commonwealth’s partnership with The Port City Secondliners and JA Group, Inc. to provide scholarships for students who participated in the All-Star Academic Awards Program held at the Bill Clark Center in Prichard, Alabama. Commonwealth scholarships were awarded to over 10 students.
Commonwealth National Bank is a member of both the Mobile Chamber of Commerce and the Mobile Black Chamber of Commerce.